Friday 4 May 2007

Happiness in the mundane

I never thought i'd find happiness in doing housework. I have always been quite driven, wanting to fulfill my calling to church leadership, which I still do, but I found happiness in the mundane.

Since moving to our own house, (I guess the pregnancy nesting instinct may have something to do with it), I have enjoyed housework! Very bizzarre. This morning I relished cleaning the bathroom carpet on my hands and knees with a scrubbing brush! and thouroughly enjoyed cleaning the kitchen - I mean its just wierd!

I've always been a bit compulsive with cleaning especially when I was ill, but that was for different reasons. Now it is just for the enjoyment of it!

1 comment:

Jm said...

EXCELLENT!!

*hands rachel a mop*

I'll give you directions to my house...

:p