Tuesday 27 November 2007

taking for granted...

Do you ever sit back and take stock of things, or get reminded by someone and realise that there is SO SO much that we take for granted?

This has happened to me over the last week, actually prompted by the sermon at church on sunday (even though it was pretty unrelated!). There are so many things that I have been taking for granted, having a house, a baby, a wonderful husband and loving family. But the main thing that I realsised was that I totally have been taking for granted God's amazing goodness to us. Dont get me wrong, I have been constantly aware and thankful for all the ways he has been working, but I havn't been acting on that thankfullness. And this is something that has to change.

Christianity is not a passive faith, it is dynamic, and although faith and love of God doesn't require us to do anything as such - if it is a real faith then it COMPELLS us to action. Thats the key, if our faith is real it causes a stirring in us that compells us to act. It gives us a desire to hear and learn more about God, to find out more about His character, about His will and His love for His creation.

So it is not something to take for granted, as I have been reminded of once again. And my thankfullness for all things good is continuing even in the midst of the tired haze of today!

No comments: