Wednesday 8 August 2007

*eyes watering*

So I just got back from my 34 week check up with my midwife. And everything is fine and dandy, blood pressure is down (so this no work suits me!), no nasties in the errrm 'sample' and hte baby's heart rate is good and strong.


My heart did sink somewhat when it came to measuring time!

For those not so up on these things: the midwife will measure from the top of the *cough cough* pubic bone to the top of the uterus (that heads more and more north every week!) and that measurement in cms is (roughly) what the baby is in weeks! Incredible freak of nature isn't it!?
So I'm 34 weeks along, and the baby has a measurement of 36 weeks! Bearing in mind that I have another 6 weeks of baby growing to go!!! OUCH OUCH AND OUCH AGAIN!!! See why my heart sank and eyes started to water!?
Anyways enough of that - I find denial a wonderful realm to disappear into!
We had good news this week, my lovely husband has got himself another job - at a fantastic organisation doing what he is so gifted at and so enjoys doing. Great stuff!
Its sunny outside so I shall go and sit in the back and read for a while me thinks.

No comments: